View Single Post
Old 10 October 2011, 22:28   #15
desiv

I love my Amiga. Always have and always will.. But I don't see someone stealing the name and releasing new/unrelated products as a problem.
It won't interest me. But it doesn't ruin anything for me...
That said, I know we Amiga users sometimes have rose-colored glasses sometimes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Amiga 1000 was a superior revolutionary home computer/OS combination
Totally agree...

Quote:
..25% cost of Mac/PC
Closer to 75% actually, but less expensive...

Quote:
AND had better games technically than any console available at the time on launch day
Not many games were available on launch day. Possibly Hacker, Mindshadow, Archon, One-on-One.... Compared to Super Mario Brothers for the NES (Not my favorite game, but people like it..) among lots of others for the NES.. Again, I'm not a huge NES fan, but it has it's supporters and the Amiga didn't hit it's stride right away.. Defender of the Crown, one of the great Amiga graphics showcases hit in 1986..

Quote:
..or 4 years later.
Perhaps.. 4 years later, the Genesis was just released and that was a pretty impressive console graphically..

There was a period from 1987 to 1989 (probably a bit later as the Genesis very early releases hadn't hit their stride yet..) where the A1000 and A500 were out, but the Genesis hadn't been released yet where you could reasonably say that the Amiga was IT unquestioned.... (Mostly)...

Although, even the Atari ST, was out a bit before had some games that were better looking than what the A1000 had very early on... Remember, a lot of the early Amiga games were ports of the ST....

I love my Amiga. It was groundbreaking and incredible and nothing will ever take that away...

On a computer level, it blew away the competition for years.. (With the exception of the hiccup caused by the ST VERY early on in the Amiga's life)..
But the consoles had some great looking games..

I just wasn't a console kid, but they had some good looking games..

I wanted multi-tasking tho...

AMIGA RULEZ!! ;-) NO ONE ELSE DID THAT!!!
(In my rose colored world, OS-9 doesn't exist!!)

desiv

Page generated in 0.07673 seconds with 11 queries