View Single Post
Old 03 January 2016, 17:38   #17
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Golden Axe is a lot better than what we had before on the genre (Double Dragon etc), but after Capcom entered the genre, no one could get even close.

Golden Axe isn't a bad game, I just don't like its mechanics that much. The Amiga had a good port of it. I wish Amiga had a good port of, say, Final Fight itself, Captain Commando or Warriors of Fate, for example
I agree that Golden Axe was ok on the Amiga, although way too easy.
It is relatively faithful to the arcade version but as you mention it has a few control issues and is less fun than the original.

Technically wise it is a dud. Really. It could have been nearly indistinguishable from the arcade but as such it is really a notch or two below it graphically despite the game lending itself almost perfectly to copper palette manipulation. The music also is barely passable.

But it is fun to play. Which for a Probe game is a rarity so this is probably due to them delegating the work to Dementia (according to the credits page).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Even the NES had some good beat'em ups, it's a shame the Amiga doesn't have many good ones.
We can still fix this.

Page generated in 0.04546 seconds with 11 queries