Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOceans View Post
Things affected by rank are:
- number of enemies
- number of bullets they shoot
-"hitpoints" of some enemies
- number of rocket turrets activating

I experimented a bit, trying for example to avoid picking up a final "V" power up and using only 4-spread. Counterintuitively this seems to make some parts of the game easier, not harder, but I'm still dying at around 55% mark, so maybe this isn't a viable tactic
THANKS! for starting off the annual discussion on how we can beat games by working out their logic. My old logic partners Lonewolf10 and Capehorn seem to be off the radar lately so I'm glad a couple of us are interested in finding out these secrets. I've been doing my own experiments I can share with experimenters, but I havent finished my tests so will get back to you with the results during the weekend. Keep discovering!

Quote:
is watching longplays considered an unfair advantage in this competition?
Watching longplays is fine!, although I said it was "of small value" to players. You can even watch my playguide video!
[ Show youtube player ]

This was recorded a million years ago, after I hadnt played the game for ages, and I didnt know how to talk on videos and avoid tutting and saying 'erm' a lot. But I do mention Xevious. - which I first played on the C64.

Quote:
I'm making lots of silly mistakes too.
I have an annoying habit of watching a bullet/missile head straight towards the chopper and I waggle left and right rather than avoiding the missile. Dumb!

Last edited by lifeschool; 22 January 2015 at 16:13.

Page generated in 0.05769 seconds with 12 queries