View Single Post
Old 31 January 2020, 11:22   #19
dreadnought

I grew up with joysticks on Amiga and C64 but have never liked them. They were ok in the arcades and for some games, but overall too much hard work (and noise). In fact I miss being able to use keyboard, like on the ZX Spectrum. And after a couple of decades of using joypads this feeling has only intensified.

But I did get a bunch of real 8 bit micros recently and so had to buy a joystick too. After a couple of cheap comedy ones that came bundled with some hardware I got a Cruiser PowerPlay - it's a bit like Comp Pro. It's not bad, and orks with Amiga too but I still much prefer a Quickshot joypad I have also managed to score.

I also had bought that Sega Comp Pro joypad for Megadrive, advertised by seller as totally compatible with Amiga but then read somewhere these things might damage the hardware so it languishes in a drawer now.

Other thing I need to research is if my Dualshock4 could work with the Tom adapter I have and use for wireless mouse on Amiga. The manual says it should but I haven't managed to get it going yet. It'd be a perfect solution, unless that Tom has some sort of lag...

Page generated in 0.06029 seconds with 11 queries