Thread: AmiSaber
View Single Post
Old 04 April 2020, 23:25   #13
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I remember there was long time ago the possibility from audiomaster to insert cue points in a sample so to extend its duration by repeating some areas; i wonder if someone could code a similar encoder for longer songs that recognize redundant areas and cue points it; would be probably still in the one or two megabytes per song (and probably around 11khz) but more manageable?
I am not familiar with AudioMaster, but playing and repeating predefined parts in a sequence from a much larger (better quality) sample could just as well result in a larger filesize and in that case (i think) the entire thing must be loaded into memory...? If there is not so much ram in your amiga (in example an A500) it can't work. In other hand streaming a file does not eat a lot of ram and does not limit the length of the songs. There are BeatSaber songs than 15-20 minutes long.
Amisaber can work with .mod files as well. That is basicly (almost) the same thing you described what AudioMaster can do, but you have 4 channels and a small filesize.

Page generated in 0.04171 seconds with 11 queries