View Single Post
Old 17 August 2018, 14:44   #10
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Been playing around with this today... All paths setup correctly, and a whole day spent digesting the guides. It just wouldn't build an image at all throwing up errors when setting up with AF 2016. A shame because it looked promising.
Error messages are much appreciated to help resolving issues users experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
A "minimalistic" installer that weighs in at 823Mb!?

I think I'll pass...
The description of HstWB Installer at github needs to be updated as it's in itself is quite minimalistic at least without all packages. Packages makes it heavy, but there would be no fun without them.

The wording minimalistic was also more target HstWB package, which is my own Workbench enhancement. That only has few devices, libs, icons and programs installed on top of Workbench 3.1.

With updated tutorials, documentation and creating video tutorials as well I really hope this helps to understand how it's used. This is what I'm currently working on with latest beta releases to make it final.

---

I already have planned HstWB Installer v2.0 and it will get a GUI next to the Console. It will be rewritten in Python to support most platforms Windows, macOS, Linux incl. Raspberry PI. For Windows I will use py2exe making it completely standalone and for macOS py2app wrapping in a dmg for simplified use. A plain Python is also available for advanced users preferring to run python scripts as they like.

Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for v2.0, so best bet for initial release of that would be sometime next year.

Page generated in 0.08395 seconds with 11 queries