View Single Post
Old 24 August 2019, 14:55   #6
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor5 View Post
Here are missing Vroom credits (Vroom multiplayer and Data Disk too, the same autors) taken directly from game
Thanks for pointing these out. Entries updated with the credits from the scrolling text under the car during the intro screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor5 View Post
By the way , I think there should be note "also known as" Vroom" and on the contrary "F1", because that's the same game.
Only Vroom has GP Australia in place Of GP Spain and on the contrary, F1 has GP Spain in place of GP Australia, otherwise absolutely the same game.
I can see why you suggest that. But:

As Shatterhand said, if there was to be something like that it would be with Vroom multiplayer.

As you wrote, there is a track replacing the other (I suppose it was to reflect a change in the F1 season?).
Maybe there are some tweaks to the tracks and/or to the game engine.
There is also the fact that it is a licenced game and therefore you have the real pilot names in race (championship) mode: Prost (and not Prosit) etc...

It is a bit similar to what we have with all the Sensible Soccer entries, with some being probably just slight updates:
http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?...sible%20soccer

So right now, unless someone can come with some proof that F1 is just a "re-skinned" Vroom multi-player (for instance checksum comparisons of the data files of the tracks and of the "game engines") I am quite reluctant about considering it as a "also known as".

I would consider adding some notes at the bottom of the page though. Perhaps someone can find an article where it states that Lankhor used the F1 licence to update their previous game and published it this way?

Page generated in 0.04985 seconds with 11 queries