View Single Post
Old 17 August 2015, 20:40   #1
Akira

FT: MAc Quadra 610 with Houdini 486DX card and more

I got this machine as an impulse buy and now realize I can't be bothered to get it to a usable state. It takes a bunch of space and my wife will kill me so it has to go so here it is offered for sale or trade.

It's a Mac Quadra 610 with 48MB of RAM from what I have counted (has a RAM doubler board on one of the sockets so maybe it has more) in working condition, can run System 8.1. It has an 040 apparently clocked at 25Mhz. Comes with floppy and CD-ROM unit (unknown speed, I am guessing 2X or 1X)
The unit has NO hard drive, NO keyboard and NO mouse. You have to provide those yourself. You also need an Apple monitor or an adapter to connect to a VGA monitor.

It DOES come with some extras, like 3 NIC cards (NuBus) one of them boxed, an Appletalk ethernet transceiver, and the HOUDINI 486DX board which turns your Mac into a PC compatible unit, perfect for running DOS games and such. Seems like a nifty little peripheral. It came with no RAM though and unfortunately II don't have any lying about otherwise I'd give it to you.

Also has 4 CD caddies (the CD-ROM unit needs them this is why I am guessing it's a 1X or 2X unit like the Apple CD300)

Tech data:
http://lowendmac.com/1994/quadra-610-dos-compatible/

Here are some photos:
http://1drv.ms/1E0u7yl

Due to the weight of this I am thinking of a US only sale as shipping will cost a bunch, but I can split and sell the little bits separately if asked and that could be shipped abroad I guess.

I want for the whole lot: TRADE + shipping
I trade for nothing as BIG or heavy as this thing. I'm always interested in Commodore 64/128, Amiga 600 and 1200 peripherals and Sega/Nintendo/Xbox 360 console stuff. Maybe some PCMCIA devices like floppy disk drives, for my Toshiba Libretto, would be good too. I also am interested in music equipment (effect units, rack mount units, effect processors, etc).

DON'T BE SHY. Priority #1 here is for me to get rid of this thing, so make your offer, all offers considered.

If you are near the area (Boston, MA, USA) you can of course pick up locally.

[edit] posted on Amibay too

Last edited by Akira; 06 November 2017 at 19:10.

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 11 queries