View Single Post
Old 29 May 2018, 12:10   #18
MartinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
I personally would recommend to pay some extra if you know that machine will be in good condition, because we know that it can be in good use for years in our hobby, it's not going to get obsoleted any time soon. Even if you pay double, it'll be really cheap in Amiga terms
OK, heard back from the seller and that's got an NV5200 card in it. Shame because by the time I add the price of a reasonable Radeon and the price of the OS, sure it's still cheap compared to X5000 etc., but I do feel it's getting a bit high. You never know, I might change my mind.

For the moment I think I'll stick with the Mini and just keep my eye out. Key is to get into doing something with it first I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Great to hear this kind of comments for a change, and I fully agree We "NG" users, and our "NG" operating systems, usually just get bashed in this particular forum There are so many great things on "NG" systems if people would look things from a different angle sometime and actually check what we have now.
Well, credit where it's due. I first tried MOS quite some years ago although I don't remember what version it was then and the experience was less than stellar. Back then wireless didn't work on the mini, and if I recall the experience generally wasn't too clever.

I tried 3.9 last year and having working wireless was a major improvement (I may have tried a version in between too?). This time I themed it to make it more Amiga-like (don't shoot me!) but ultimately didn't do anything with it.

3.10 seems to be a lot more polished. I don't think I've had any problems with it at all and like I say, Flow Studio is very nice icing on the cake so this time I'm going to try and stick with it.

Page generated in 0.08755 seconds with 11 queries