View Single Post
Old 13 August 2011, 15:33   #1
dex
Eat Electric Death

Roll eyes (sarcastic) The Jump'n Runs you DIDN'T beat - without cheats ;)

Edit 2: Who's the other guy who says Stryx is completable? More hints please!!

If you don't mind me creating another nostalgia thread (I just couldn't fit this into the other topic) - here it goes

While I was looking up games some of you suggested in the other thread, I stumbled accross Fire&Ice and then fired up several other jump'n runs. I assume quite a lot of Amiga sidescrollers are near impossible to beat - or maybe I just didn't try hard enough I tried Mysterious Worlds, Leander, Stryx, Gods...

So which Jump'n Runs did you actually beat without using any cheats or secret passwords and which where impossible? I will collect the beatable ones in a just-for-fun list - if your statement is convincible of course Added some random comments from the posts as well.

Examples:

Perfectly Beatable (most users agreed):
Turrican
Turrican II
Turrican 3
Shadow of the Beast III (didn't really have the patience to the end, though) Edit: I just tried this again recently, this one has dead ends (you have to kill yourself to retry), only three lives and while the levels are short, the last 2 have some seriously weird crane puzzles - and everyone calls this one easy just because the enemies don't just wipe you like in the two prequels?! Seriously?!?)
Flashback (maybe not really a Jump'n Run/Shoot but still)
Superfrog
Lion King
Another World (but you do have to memorize a lot of stuff)
Brian the Lion
OneEscapee
Adams Family
Zool 2
Gianna Sisters
P.P. Hammer (wow...)
Chuck Rock 2
Lionheart (I beat it myself by now. with 4 credits left It's absolutely doable but finding most of the secrets/1ups is essential)
Gods (some extended training sessions needed in later levels, though - and thanks jotd, I did mixed the stuck parts of it up with Cadaver )
Dracula
Mysterious Worlds (according to Harry... it's doable but has some potential "breakers"...)
James Pond 3 (very hard and long - but not impossible)
Twinworld
Lethal Weapon
Ruff n Tumble (also read about it being beatable in another thread, in addition to Bamiga2002's post, so it's 2:1 that it's beatable )

Virtually Impossible (unless proven wrong - you can try ):
Stryx
Shadow of the Beast (Or did you...?) and it seems this game isn't the hardest on the list...?
Shadow of the Beast II (Ask for: "Ten Pints" ...)
The Seven Gates of Jambala
BC Kid
Parasol stars (from world 3)
Mr. Nutz (maybe it is beatable, but the game is just ANNOYING in later levels)
Rainbow Islands (bosses)
Jim Power (so unforgiving. The game without compromises)
Beyond the Ice Palace (same as Jim Power: just one touch and you die - Bamiga2002 claims to have completed it, though)
Mission Elevator ("...was impossible to beat!" it seems)
Wrath of the Demon (well, that one seems to be a tough beast)
Crazy Sue

Pending:
Fire & Ice (still unsure, some finished it it seems...)
Benefactor (also believe it's doable, but yeah the last section... well...)

...which others do you know?

Edit: Added some more games to the list

Last edited by dex; 14 January 2012 at 15:12.

Page generated in 0.04415 seconds with 11 queries