View Single Post
Old 25 April 2017, 18:48   #107
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wXR View Post
Restrictive licensing is also, I might add, painfully disrespectful.
Disrespectful? Interesting point. However, Let's leave it at "interesting", as I don't want to discuss your opinion here.

Quote:
I have no interest in starting a war with anyone.
Yet you want to fund a war against Hyperion or Cloanto. That's not any better.

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that you would derail the whole discussion of an open source Picasso96 because of something I wrote in a forum?
We never talked anywhere else than in this forum. I don't know who you are, I don't know if we ever did business before. I don't know a name, and even if we met at some US show or one of the Amiga30 festivities in Europe, I would not be able to put a face to the name.

So yes, I have to base my decision on what you wrote in this forum. You offered $10k here, and $50k for Amiga OS 3.1 in a different place. Probably knowing that both is just a small part of what it would actually take. However, you *also* offered to give money to anyone who can cause damage to Hyperion or Cloanto - this is a pure destructive thought, and I will not do business with you unless you clearly step back from that offer. In my opinion, there is no use for that kind of mindset in the Amiga community.

You want an ideal world with free software for your favourite computer? Great. I want an ideal world where there is no room for actions that mean pure destruction with not a single bit of positive light. The Amiga has always been a creator's computer, not a destroyer's computer. We are a creative, constructive community. I'd love you to subscribe to this idea, but I can't see that at this point.

You may want to know that I haven't seen anyone here applauding and offering more money, and I didn't get any private e-mails with offers either. So I have to assume that the community would rather like to see properly-guided development rather than paying for a liberation with unknown outcome.

Jens

Page generated in 0.03985 seconds with 11 queries