View Single Post
Old 11 August 2018, 12:49   #11
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCaravage View Post
During ingame, depending of the sprite coordinates we get the tile code under him.
Do you take the tile code under the bottom-left or bottom-right sprite-edge? Or from the middle?

Quote:
If the code attribute allows the sprite to walk on this tile, we use another table. We access this table using as index the tile attribute + the lower 4 bits of your sprite x coordinates (4 bits for a 16xH pixels tile size, 3 bits/8xH size etc...). This table will return you a #dy signed number . This #dy is to add to your sprite y. So the sprite sticks to any tiles at any angle of the slope.
When falling into such a sloped tile, does it immediately stick to the surface when touching it? This could mean an abrupt movement by #dy=15 in the worst case?

What happens when moving from a plain tile into a sloped tile from the side? When #dy is 0 on the side you move in, it should probably block movement, but not when #dy is 15, because it has nearly the same level as you are currently on...?

Quote:
On the point of backbuffer, I'm not sure I used the right word, I simply wanted to say I use 2 screens, which I flip every time the ingame loop is finished.
Ah, ok! You just wanted to say you are using double-buffering (to avoid flicker while updating)!

Quote:
I used this method because I wanted to use rawblit bobs
What are "rawblit bobs"?
BTW, did you consider using interleaved BOBs and planes, or are you blitting plane by plane?

Page generated in 0.06504 seconds with 11 queries