View Single Post
Old 02 April 2012, 18:39   #11
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Picture 1 looks more feasibly "Amiga-ish", but 2 3 and 4 are preview pics of the PC version, they are exactly the ones that I remember seeing in mags like The One. Specially picture 4 is totally out of the question with that "blur" effect.
Even on CD32? It is just a still after all. BTW I did plug these screenshots into TinEye and sifted through Google Images and couldn't find any pics on the net that were exactly the same or very similar (outside the Amiga mag previews, which were a little different). I would like to find some mag preview pics of the PC version to compare (although I'm not sure what that would prove exactly as why wouldn't Bullfrog have done the gfx concurrently for both machines if their development overlapped).

Quote:
The only way what we see in pic 1 can work is with pre-rendered environments like in Microcosom or some such thing. Texture-mapping with phong shading would never work on a stock Amiga.
Absolutely - texture-mapping wouldn't work well on a stock A1200, especially in 256 colours......which is why the A1200-specific version apparently didn't use texture-mapping (see Peter Olafson's post on c.s.a.g. above).

Love the enthusiasm.....keep the posts coming!

Last edited by DrBong; 02 April 2012 at 19:19.

Page generated in 0.07518 seconds with 11 queries