View Single Post
Old 23 December 2017, 18:13   #141
LongLifeA1200

So I don't have permission?

Enthusiasm is tiring? Guess what, people at EAB are enthusiasts. To an outsider's perspective, they'd be labelled as overenthusiastic. Your argument fails to make sense.

You've made it clear from the beginning that you are totally against this project. It's ironic that you speak of others making demands, when you keep asking for concrete. You've missed the point entirely.

No one is demanding that you or anyone else make the port. Stop taking the open invitation of the OP personally. Do you really believe you're saving people time and disappointment? It's their time to waste if they choose. It's their choice to risk disappointment. The result can be that they still enjoy trying.

But now that the OP has wisely decided to stay away from negative rhetoric it suddenly becomes all my fault for you? I see this sort strange social phenomena too frequently. An optimist encounters a pessimist that doesn't understand that sometimes it's about the journey and not the destination yet since misery likes company the pessimist will persist in convincing others to lower their energy.

Now, enough of this meta-discussion. Time to address your lies.

• You were not being "negative", but instead were merely providing facts? Honestly, what were they? Read the thread again and at least point to one.
  • Despite no one providing you "concrete" and stating that to even discuss such a project is a waste of time you simultaneously were seriously "considering" porting this game? With that attitude? I don't think so.
  • You want to pretend that I discourage/demotivate others from making games for Amiga? What kind of opposite-world logic is that?
  • You want to believe that 2x2 pixel definition on a 160x128 screen doesn't induce headaches? That has not been my experience.
  • I suppose you want to skip over making quality mods even though sound/music is what made the Amiga stand out in its prime.
  • There is a Ray Casting engine demo that runs smoothly on 1MB OCS. A BSP (Binary Space Partitioning) demo for OCS has yet to be made. When I was thinking out loud about how many tri-polygons OCS can do a frame, I wasn't expecting an immediate answer, and yet you replied that I should look at OCS games and I'll know that way - as if I hadn't already been doing so. Obviously I'll have to write a test-program myself. But it just goes to show how little invested people are who have an agenda to shut down a thread just because someone else dared to even talk about development on the OCS.

Page generated in 0.25197 seconds with 11 queries