View Single Post
Old 07 October 2018, 06:21   #680
guybrush

Hi guys,

Got my gotek for cheap, like 9 bucks on a local store that sell ancient electronics (one of these places that recycle hardware from offices; love to spend hours searching between mountains of CRT and racks of old Windows machines ).

I did flash it no problem with Flash floppy (0.92 I believe; the latest on their github page), and tried a 128 GB USB stick from Samsung, formatted as FAT32 with the config and boot file; but no matter what, the floppy does not work.

When I turn on the 1200, I get the F-F on display; if I put the USB stick in it it goes to 000; but that's it. The bootloader never load when I boot the amiga; it goes directly into WB from the CF card adapter.
If I disable the CF card; the amiga boot and then it say "no disk in DF0:"; so I never get to boot into the loader where you assign the adf files to each position.

I tried to remove the config and bootloader file, and just put ADF; and that seems to work better; since when I cycle through the positions, I can see the number changing; although the amiga refuse to load anything, either if I boot with DH0: disabled or if I have WB loaded and try to cycle through the various ADF. I am sure that the ADF should show in WB at least, since they are DP4 and Octamed; so they should appear on the workbench.

AS far as the connector, it seems to be connected as the original drive (red cable is on the opposite of power connector); I did put back the original Amiga drive and it works fine; so the cable is fine and there is power going to the connector as it should.

The green light goes on, the red light flash briefly when I switch disks, but that's all that it does.

I am not sure where the problem is at this point; the flashing went fine; the device seems to be recognized by the Amiga (otherwise when I disable everything but the DF0; it would show me the ROM animation to insert a disk, and not the CLI with the error message that there is no disk in DF0), and the ADF works fine on Windows via WinUAE; so either I should try with a smaller USB drive or I need to try with some sacrifice to the Commodore deity.

Page generated in 0.04257 seconds with 11 queries