View Single Post
Old 23 April 2004, 15:18   #20
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
  1. Wait for more skins
  2. ? question of habit
  3. I'm agree with reputation: let's test this system for a few months before choosing to keep it or not.
  4. If you join Zone Group, you will have 10MB -> stats show me that normal user don't go far away 3-4 Mb (since beginning of EAB, in 1999)
  5. It will depends of user's intelligence
1. I will
2. Indeed it is, however, I'm visiting many message boards regularly, and none does it like vBulletin 3. Either there is nothing below the thread title, or there is a short synopsis what it is about. This is why I always get the impression the threads are about people, not posted by them... time will tell if I'll get used to this.
3. Agreed, just let is run and let's hope it won't turn into another flamefest
4. As Bloodwych said - there seems to be a bug somewhere I'd still prefer not to have any overall limit at all (a limit per individual file is necessary, of course), but if it has to be, better keep it the way it is and don't just prune according to age.
5. Well, you certainly remember what happened on the Internet when the likes of Frontpage became popular: lots and lots of ugly 'about me' homepages. However, as with the rest, I'm willing to let time prove me wrong - which it hopefully will...

Back to browsing around now. Still discovering some of the better hidden features :P

Edit: Just discovered a minor annoyance. On the old forum, when I'd hit Firefox' 'Back' button on 'forumdisplay', it'd send me back to the forum index, but scrolled down as far as I was when I entered a subforum. This way, I could very conveniently jump from one forum to the next. Now, it always sends me back to the top of the index page instead. Any idea what might be causing this behaviour?

Page generated in 0.04611 seconds with 11 queries