View Single Post
Old 20 March 2010, 12:09   #25
Bloodwych

Hi Cammy, I offered to provide you with a solution a while back but you didn't get back to me. If Ami Junkie can help however, it would be great as my upload speed is crap.

Muzar kindly posted this guide, but I just can't believe it's that complicated to run E-UAE/UAE with HDF's under Linux:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=49562

I mean, Linux can be complicated at times but that is ridiculous. Surely someone here knows how to use E-UAE/UAE with HDF's and can put together a pack for people to simply download, add ROMS and run from a directory like you do with WinUAE?

I can also place System.zip files on the EAB file server I suppose, zip files that require installation like the HDF's (for copyright files) and are ready to be copied straight over to an Amiga. This would be done on an as need basis or when I have time.

There are many reasons why I don't include them on the main site. Without running through the installation before creating the zip, they will be huge as they contain extras (like iGame artwork) that get resolved on installation.

Also, a real Amiga will take a much longer time running through the installation process, and you may be copying and installing things you don't require. ROMS for WHDLoad will also be missing. Under emulation and a HDF, you can customize the install and create your own image before committing it to your Amiga.

Creating the System.zip files and uploading them takes a lot of extra time too, especially on my crappy capped upload.

Finally, what I've found in the past (I provided a zip file in the early days) was people were unzipping the file directly under windows which caused some problems. They also were ignoring using WinUAE to copy files direcly to a hard drive, which is by far the quickest and easiest way to install.

So although I won't be providing System.zip files directly, I guess uploading some indirectly onto the EAB file server is fine for those struggling to create System.zip files.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 20 March 2010 at 12:20.

Page generated in 0.04780 seconds with 11 queries