View Single Post
Old 22 February 2018, 16:07   #803
BarryB
Amigaholic

OK, managed to loosely Heath Robinson my Gotek into my +3 (Thanks Akira) and Flashed latest FF 0.9.9a (Thanks Keir) used configless mode and while it powers up and seems to run OK, having mixed results with certain DSK images although disk swaps worked flawlessly! All DSK images I tried also load and play fine in Spectaculator!

Copy protections identified using Disk Image Manager v0.5 and v2.0 from DamienG on github

Images tried that work:

Arcade Muscle - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, Alkatraz +3 protection!
APB - Loads and runs, Players protection!
Arkanoid - The Revenge Of DOH - Loads and runs, Speedlock +3 1988 protection!
Best Of Elite Vol 2 - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, Speedlock +3 1988 protection!
Beverly Hills Cop - Loads and runs, no protection!
Chart Busters - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, unknown protection!
Chase H.Q. - Loads and runs, Paul Owens protection!
Live Ammo - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, unknown protection!
Microprose Soccer - loads and runs, unknown protection!
The Fury - Loads and runs, Speedlock +3 1988 protection!
The Magnificent Seven - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, Speedlock +3 1988 protection!
The Sentinel - loads and runs, unknown protection!
The Untochables - Loads and runs, Paul Owens protection!
Thundercats - Loads and runs, no protection!
We Are The Champions - Both Side A/B images load and run all games, Speedlock +3 1988 protection!

Images tried that don't work:

Chart Attack - Games load off menu on Disk 1 Side A but nothing loads, Gotek mostly sticks on Track 99, Hexagon protection!
Coin-Op Hits - No games load, Hexagon protection!
Dan Dare III - Sticks on Track 2, Speedlock 1989 protection!
Silkworm - Sticks on Track 3, Speedlock 1989 protection!
The New Zealand Story - Sticks on Track 2, Speedlock 1989 protection!
Turrican - Garbage on bottom third of screen, Gotek shows Track 99 and +3 resets, Hexagon protection!
X-Out - Resets +3 after a few Tracks loaded, Hexagon protection!

So only the newer Speedlock 1989 and Hexagon protections have issues! One other issue, the images seem to display in the order they were added to the USB, not alphabetical, have I missed something?

I made my own floppy cable adpater (a bit long but just to see if it worked), also unpinned the +5v and +12v power from the +3 floppy connector and only connected the +5v to where the +12v was, taped up the +12v for safety!

Gotek in and working:

Next is to actually fit the Gotek in semi-permanently and be able to close the case, looks a bit more challenging that

Page generated in 0.16303 seconds with 11 queries