View Single Post
Old 27 October 2009, 21:41   #9
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
I found there unknown Amiga emulator http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/msdos/emulator/amiga.zip You can see Kickstart hand but there is no documentation or any help. Maybe it's some kind of joke, not emulator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I remember coming across mention of that archive a few years ago when it was still being discussed online. I spent many hours trying to find it, but all links to download it were broken.
<snip>
The archive is dated September/October 1990, but I first discovered its existence much later than that.
<snip>
I will search through my archives when I have a moment and see what webpages and other information I still have saved from that time.
Yep, that's the one I remember. (Sorry this has taken so long!)

Here's the only "documentation" I had saved:
Quote:
amiga.zip (Hoax)

A program which purports to be an Amiga emulator for MS-DOS machines has existed for a while. All it does is display the Kickstart 1.2 startup image and hang your machine. (It wasn't designed to do anything else. It's someone's sick idea of a joke.) Note that this program has turned up in a number of shareware CD collections that are otherwise reputable -- it's still the same fake.

Page generated in 0.06944 seconds with 11 queries