View Single Post
Old 23 January 2015, 18:11   #13
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Yes, it is true! Remember my crappy Smurf game I made in Backbone just a few weeks ago? "Studio Peyo" (the owners of The Smurfs trademark) have sued me for have creating an unlicensed video game of The Smurfs.

Now I know pretty well that you are not allowed to make unlicensed video games or use others work without permission, but this is just a game made in BACKBONE for a 30 year old computer. LOL... this is insane! I'm sure they don't even know what an Amiga is. And I doubt more than 50 people have downloaded it. How much do you think I must pay for this? ... (see the attached screenshots)

I have seen a lot of other people creating video games with famous characters. Also there are a few in the works (like the Danger Mouse game and Evil Minions etc). Also seen a few unlicensed conversions of games. Now I don't think you have to be worried because I think I know who it was who did this to me. A guy in the community does not like me very much. So I'm sure it was him who told Studio Peyo about it. (nope, I will not mention his name here). There is so many things that makes me suspect that lamer.

So Smurf Rescue and my other game SuperTed (just in case) has been removed. And no more Amiga games from me

http://www.hipooniosamigasite.org/files/uploads/1.png
http://www.hipooniosamigasite.org/files/uploads/2.png
Tell them to fuck off.

Inform them you've removed the game, that you're 13 years old and you promise not to do it again, and please don't tell my granddad as he's recently had to adopt me as both my parents died in an accident a month ago.

Since when the FUCK does sending a letter cost £2000? Normal rates are £40 per letter.

Pay them the fuck nothing.

Is there anything that links you to the name Hipoonios? Its an alias, your website got hacked, you've been away, either way, pay those grasping fuckers ZERO money.

They would have to take you to court in your country.

Cease and desist is fine, trying to extract money as well is taking the piss.

Perhaps if their website was to suffer a 'failure' of some sort, they'd back the fuck off

Page generated in 0.04863 seconds with 11 queries