View Single Post
Old 27 November 2001, 19:13   #1
supergoz

Exclamation using latest snapshot...(a bit long)

hi 2 everybody,
now - i'm a long time (maybe from the very start?) winfellow user and i think it's far better than any other thing... well on:

my main purpose is to emulate amiga games (A500 good oldies, no AGA) in a perfect shape, with silk smooth scrollers and perfect sound...

running fullscreen, winfellows goes for a well defined refresh rate (for me it's very often 60hz, aka NTSC and aprt this one of the lowest refresh rates one could attain in windows) - as long as i keep sound emulation 'OFF' or 'Silent Emulation', scrollers are perfect, every time (and to me they seem at the RIGHT speed, too)

BUT >> whenever i choose 'play sound' (with every setting) suddenly the scrollers go stuttering and the gfx is no good at all!

this with the latest snapshot - using now old one, the gfx stuttered any time with any sound option choose!

i noticed that leaving sound OFF or Silet Emulated, the screen refresh rate keeps LOCKED to 60 (NTSC hz ?!?) and when i switch play sound ON it -immediately- goes down to 50 fps (PAL syncing?)

i don't think this is a sound board related one, 'coz i'm sure that if i could run my philips monitor down to the 50,xxx PAL refresh rate, all would be nice and smooth!!!

well, what u think?

BTW: great work indeed, the winfellow team rox - please KEEP ON!

Page generated in 0.04325 seconds with 11 queries