View Single Post
Old 02 December 2013, 08:56   #58
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_boy View Post
Nonsense, any Brit who is familiar with the Speccy certainly knows the C64 too. I know younger gamers in their teens and they know of the C64 in the same way we knew about the Atari 2600. The c64 was a global phenomenon and is definitely mentioned more than the Speccy thee days in general.
You are free to disagree but I regularly chat to people in my office, at college, out in pubs etc and those who are not "into computers" or games seem to be aware of least vaguely aware of the ZX - i am not saying that some people arent also aware of the C64 it, but in my opinion far less are.

I am not referring to those people who are into IT or even gaming in general.

I think the fact that this TV program apparently focused on the Speccy reinforces that opinion! (although i know it's painful for C64 fans to hear).... i know a lot of people will disagree though.

btw, don't understand your comment about "we knew about the Atari 2600" ... been into gaming almost since i could crawl (i wish i was joking...) and wasnt aware of the Atari 2600 and many of the other variety of machines until much later in life... I guess it just depends on your background, for which all differ.

Page generated in 0.04820 seconds with 11 queries