View Single Post
Old 05 February 2020, 05:47   #16
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
the hype around this channel.
Never heard of ASMR before, also not too sure that video illustrates quite well what it is supposed to deal with. If I am not mistaken, it would involve feeling all cozy and warm inside, like when poked and rubbed at some massage parlor while listening to trippy music, right ? Or, on a more intimate level, some form of Tantric sinking into some beloved persons arms for relaxing purposes ? Well, come to think of it, there is that song from the Chemical Brothers that might induce that very effect, minus the actual poking and rubbing. Me being more of a midnight talker, you will have to look for someone else for that . Incidentally, said song was used for a TV ad involving Air France, the famous French airplane operator :

[ Show youtube player ]

Might remind some observers of that cultural phenomenon called catharsis, although not quite. Also, a few people are overly sensitive to some specific noises like when someone chews sweets next to you at the pictures. Such thematic area is way beyond the scope of that thread I guess, but it might explain why ASMR is popular on YT (to relieve the symptoms of Misophonia, wild guess here of course).

Last edited by SquawkBox; 06 February 2020 at 20:33.

Page generated in 0.04228 seconds with 11 queries