View Single Post
Old 30 November 2001, 20:10   #6
Drake1009

Now that we speak of boxes. I don't know if this is common otherplaces, but lately it seems many of the new releases are released in DVD covers with a simple insert for box art. Sure it fits more on a shelf, but I sort of miss the old box covers. They can put something nice on the smaller covers, but there's just something about a box which makes it look better.

As for the art. I think most of my boxes for PC games have got a decent drawing instead of just some stupid rendering.

Examples of a couple of boxes which are (in my opinion) fairly well done would be the Megaman X4 box, the Undying cover art (I'd love to have that picture in a larger size), Legacy of kain also have a fairly well done box, and the Wheel of time had something special, though not much of art it's good to see they could use the box for other than art, they made a piece of semi-transparent plastic as part of the front of the box and drawing on it so it'd seem like a gate where you could make out the manual behind it. Not much art, but good idea to use the box.

Page generated in 0.05297 seconds with 11 queries