View Single Post
Old 11 June 2016, 09:11   #5
Brick Nash
Prototron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@Brick Nash

The image will be stored as planes of data (think 2 dimension array as a plane) - the *transparent* plane will be a "mask" and consist as a pattern of bits in 0 and 1.

Even if the byte is storing a '0' it will still be storing it so 8bits of '0' will still be a byte of memory.
Cool that's good to know.

I only ask as I was messing about with hotspots due to some image sizes being different heights and widths and that was causing some position syncing problems with the animations so I was importing them with really big chunks of transparent colour on either side in order to centre the image properly with flips and it was causing some nasty slowdown even just with one bob on the screen.

My code probably isn't very efficient either as I tend to get some slowdown anyway if there's more than one Bob on screen but ATM I'm just using pure Amos basic with maybe Amal for attack moves so I don't know what it'd be like with some sort of extension Like AMCAF or whatever which is supposed to be faster.

Anyway I sorted it by just setting the hot spot to top left and then offsetting the flipped image so it doesn't jump when turned around and that works nicely but the transparency was just something I wanted to know about.

Thanks for the info!

Page generated in 0.14626 seconds with 11 queries