View Single Post
Old 28 May 2016, 09:31   #1
Brick Nash
Prototron

Problems installing Ultimate Blitz CD

Hi folks, if I'm in the wrong bit please feel free to move me to the right section.

I'm trying to install Blitz Basic 2.1 but I'm having an absolute c**t of a time trying to get it on my virtual hard drive and I just don't know enough about how the Amiga works to get on as I'm a bit of a noob.

I downloaded the Ultimate Blitz Basic CD and then mounted it in Daemon tools.

I then fired up WinUAE and added the virtual drive ( H: )as a directory and I also checked the 'Add PC Drives at Startup'. I then went into workbench and the virtual drive was there so I began the install but it keeps asking me to insert the BlitzCD in any drive but it's there and it's how I'm installing in the first place.

I got it to work yesterday (somehow) by the same method but I just kept getting a load of software failures and write protect notices when trying to install. I've got enough memory/RAM etc set too.

I'm quite new to Amiga coding. I started learning Amos a few days ago and I got it to install first time no problem and I want to give Blitz a try so I can decide which path to take but I'm really starting to get put off by this installation process as the help files just pretty much say 'click the install icon' and that's it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.04761 seconds with 11 queries