Old 13 June 2018, 00:01   #1
utri007
mä vaan

Amiga LAN problem

I have 4 amigas in my LAN

Amiga OS4 machine.
2x Amiga 1200
CDTV

but also 4 windows machines, Buffalo NAS station and HP Laserjet. Buffalo and HP uses static IPs.

Amiga OS4 machine and CDTV uses Roadshow TCP/IP stack and wired LAN.
A1200 machines uses Genesis and WLAN.

All Amigas uses static IP.

All the problems started when I got Huawei 4g router, some years ago. So everything worked with previous router wich was Telewell ADSL modem. When I got it I changed it IP settings to same than previous router had, southat wouldn't need to do changes to clients. IP 192.168.11.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0. DHCP pool 192.168.11.50-99. So problem is most likely Huawei and lack of mystery feature of Amiga's TCP/IP stacks?

What works :

Can browse internet and access LAN samba shares.

What doesn't work:

Amigas can't see/connect eachother and PCs can't connect/see amigas.
I used to play quake with my son, so that Amiga OS4 machine worked as a server. Can't do that anymore.
Can't ping
Can't use netmount or AmigaExplorer

All these worked before Huawei 4g router.

How ever, if I change Amiga OS4 machine and CDTV use DHCP problems are gone. Windows machines doesn't have these problems with static IPs.

I wan't to use static IPs and I don't want to use Roadshow (or miami) with DHCP on those A1200 machines. Just because 68k version of it doesn't have a GUI and DHCP makes boot so much slower and it is unreliable.

I have newer 4g roter, but it doesn't support WPA anymore, so I'll need to stick with current configuration untill I get clockport SPI and network that way.

Prety sure that nothing can be done, but I'm also curious why I have thse problems?

Last edited by utri007; 13 June 2018 at 07:13.

Page generated in 0.04482 seconds with 11 queries