View Single Post
Old 29 March 2018, 09:50   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Pressing Shift-F12 when in D3D11 full-screen mode isn't handled well.
Not going to be changed. Fullscreen mode has always been unsupported. Debugger has special requirements and it won't automatically fix any of them. You are on your own.

Quote:
The GUI debugger window can be maximised but not resized. There's a resizing handle at the bottom right, but you can't adjust window size.
I said don't mention GUI debugger! This is final warning! (GUI debugger is not done by me and 100% unsupported by me. I have never used it. It needs total rewrite.)

Quote:
It would be nice if the disassembly could be a little closer to "proper" M68K assembler syntax. So for example:
Most likely not going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine9000 View Post
I just tested out the latest version (I was running a couple of versions behind), now I get a breakpoint on a word read from 00000000 (I think) each time an audio channel is used for the first time since reboot. I say this as the CPU has no instructions even close to accessing 0 and the time it breaks.

I get the breakpoint from the P61 playback routines as well as from my independent 4th channel sfx routines.

Once the breakpoint is hit once (and I am guessing that audio channel is primed or something), I can run the app again and it will not break.

Is this expected (ie: is there a bug in my code or the P61 replay routines)?
First fetched audio word when audio DMA gets enabled comes from previously played sample's end address (which is zero after power up) which Paula ignores, following word is first real sample word. Paula still needs to see it (AUDxDAT write) because it advances channel's audio state machine, which finally tells Agnus to do AUDxPT to internal register copy (=pointing to beginning of sample).

Basically it is same (but not exactly same) as copper jump side-effect, DMA pointer reset is delayed by one DMA access.

I'll filter out those kind of "invalid" accesses soon..

Page generated in 0.04454 seconds with 11 queries