View Single Post
Old 12 August 2014, 21:58   #98
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrdesign View Post
Thanks to Don_Adam, who sent me the files for the game. I respond here, because we are all involved at all. Must say I didn't hear about this game before, hope it will be released for good . Now lets comment about the music in this game (pure art)

Ok I have read the post and think about the best way to get the music out. I have some choices, from the worst sounding to the better.

1) 4 channels protracker mod version (not 1:1, impossible due to channels). It will lose the ambience for the sound, and less notes to be player and IMPOSSIBLE to implement in 2 channels to get the FX out... WONT WORK

2) 12-16 channels XM (digibooster allows to load XM modules). I can convert the midi song to XM using some soundfont for the samples. The output will be MONO, without reverb, and the modules can be large (it depends on the quality for the soundfont). You can still have 2 FX channels if the output is rendered in 8 bit but you will need some strong CPU to handle the player routing. CLOSE ENOUGH

3) This is the best option for me, because it is the simpler. I have uploaded a demo for the final sound for you to see. I can convert and revamp those old soundcard midis with more modern sounds. That will be converted to 8bit 22050 stereo and will leave the other 2 channels for the effects. You can judge by yourself. The final version will sound better (i did a fast resample). I think it will add some value to the Amiga version. CLEVER OPTION

Didn't hear that song before, its pure art. Hope you like it!

8bit wav 22050 draft version (pandy71 will help to resample for sure!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u919gr45c5...DI07_DRAFT.zip

mp3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsl1fnrh58...DI07_DRAFT.mp3
Please make normal 4-channels Protracker mods.
Other options needs too many CPU power.
Good SFX handling is job for meynaf.
You can join/mix some channels via MOD2SMP option in Protracker 3.7x or by creating own accords.
Samples size limit per single module is ~500KB, but of course always better are shortest samples.

Page generated in 0.14417 seconds with 11 queries