View Single Post
Old 16 October 2018, 21:56   #17
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by project23 View Post
What would a buffered 4-way interface do to help in this situation, as far as you're aware? Would it allow both devices to be 'master'? I don't think it would solve the issue, would it?
Again, it depends on the cards (or the adaptor in the case of SD cards). But it's more likely to work on a 4-way adaptor because each device is addressed as if it was the only attached device. But it can still cause problems if it does something silly like tie down bus or control lines that a normal hard drive would "detach" from when not in use.

Quote:
Like you say, maybe CF to PCMCIA is better for data transfer. I just liked the idea of utilising a second IDE device.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I use PCMCIA all the time for doing transfers, and it works very well because you can hot-plug - it essentially works like a USB flash drive. Drives connected via IDE can't be hot-plugged unless they're attached using an intelligent controller that does ATAPI stuff, like a Zip drive of optical drive would do. As far as I'm aware, there aren't any adaptors for CF and SD that do this.

Page generated in 0.04864 seconds with 11 queries