View Single Post
Old 16 August 2002, 02:05   #44
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
I beg to differ. I know this is a different field, but paintings and stuff made by, let's say, Picasso, were innovative, but they never hit the masses, because art is not a massive phenomenon. His stuff was innovative nevertheless and marked the way things were done in the graphic area. Same could be told bout Dali methinks.
Not true, Picasso inovated and the masses in the art world seen it. If picasso had just copied a style from somebody down the street you would not know that somebody else had done the inovation.
Quote:
As you said, the computer could be a tool. And if you don't feel comfortable with it, how to use it? Would you use a left-handed mouse? yes, you could end up using a left-handed mouse, but you have to go through a stupid process of re-learn that should NOT be needed.
Well thats where maketing takes over, somebody would see the problem and sell you a right handed mouse. But the mouse does not make a whole working package. If I took the amiga and its os just replaced the keybpoard with a morse code clicker type input device where would the amiga have gone? Would you still have wanted one?

Quote:
Quote:
Once you switch to a platform (especially an expensive one) its hard to justify jumping to another system unless it offers something you need your current system doesnt do.
Ah, so it is a matter of pride?. "I will defend this system becasue it cost me bloody dearly. I had to sell my mother to get it! Even if it works bad, I'll say it rox0rz"
Hell no its not a matter of pride its a matter of money. Once you pay a few $4000 for a system+software that works why would you spend another $4000 if the new system didnt do anything the old system doesnt currently do. You would switch to a NEW platform if your current system cant run the new software you need or the new system save you enough in time using the SAME software that it was worth the upgrade.
Quote:
Quote:
and these days videogames make people buy Intel PC's.
Hehehe, sorry, but people who like games BUY A PS2. Or a GBA. Or a Gamecube.
Really? Wonder where the billions from the PC gaming market is coming from then? Maybe bill gates purchased 1 copy of tetris for $2,000,000,000? I do own a PSX and a dreamcast. But even the new consoles dont have Age of Empires with 4v4 online play, same for Unreal Tournament (best played with a keyboard and mouse on a fast network). Some types of games are best played on a PC because of the screen resolution, internet, mouse keyboard combo, memory requirements. Someday soon the consoles with get all these requirements but its not TODAY. How many Amiga/Mac users have a PC just for games? quite alot i bet. Dont tell me people buy p4's for home use because thier pentium 1 doesnt read email, type thier letters, or run quicken fast enough... its for GAMES (and to keep up with their game playing neighbors). A few actually need it for high end work too I'll give you that

Page generated in 0.06286 seconds with 11 queries