View Single Post
Old 20 July 2013, 14:59   #24
theelf_

Hi carfesh, thanks for all help

About using much CPU for scaling, not happen in all emulators, but is common for some of them

For example:

Snes9x = A simple 2x scaling eats a lot of CPU, not to talk about 3x or 4x scaling... the Athlon died. And yes, is using hardware directdraw

Kega Fusion = I can do 2x, 3x, 4x, bilinear, point, etc and CPU % is almost same!!

It seems the guy behind Kega Fusion, found a way to do all kind of scaling without use almost CPU, but the guys behind snes9x never found a good way

But, in opposite to 80/90s, on this days hardware is much faster than software, and now, nobody want to fix this issue in snes9x, because if u ask, they simple answer "buy a new PC or buy a new GFX" jeje

I don't remember exactly, but some years ago, I was talking with the developer of a new PCengine emulator, that was very slow when go full screen, and one of the ideas was to take a look to Kega Fusion code

Well, it seems the guy implement the scaling methods from Fusion, and now the emulator have great fullscreen support, with 2x,4x, scaling, that even work good in my old Athlon!

Page generated in 0.05447 seconds with 11 queries