View Single Post
Old 24 January 2018, 19:42   #3
Fabio

Hi!

My drivers are not exactly updated, but are D3D11 capable (AMD Crimson 16.20). It's an end of 2016 driver on Win 8.1, it runs fine any recent game (have Steam on the same partition) with my R9 290. I also tried the latest driver in November 2017 with the same results, though.
I have AF7 on a Win 10 laptop too, this is a current AMD R5 driver - I just checked to find the same behaviour when on the same settings.

I mostly use AF to play games instead of using my Amiga. I use RP9 files I made myself along the years, usually matching the configuration I'd run them (or they were supposed to run) on - video is native, attached the configuration of a RP9 file (1993 game).

Found this on all my Win 7, 8, 10 PCs (have a few ), with both AF 2016 and 7 - I'm not too sure if something changed in the app which makes my RP9 behave like that (see the weird speed-up / slow-down), if I'm missing something really evident or the video performance somewhat changed. First time I'm unable to find the sweet-spot, but then again I don't really know if you can change something on the WinUAE side, I always stuck to the options available in AF until now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AF7_SF_config.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	56395  

Page generated in 0.07065 seconds with 12 queries