View Single Post
Old 18 March 2010, 16:44   #2
Bloodwych

£50!!!!!!! That is so stupid. Sounds like the sender didn't fill out the customs sticker correctly, as the item only has collectors value, is second hand and negligible retail value as it's no longer sold.

Man, really look after that A600. To be fair, you have a very rare item that will still fetch a lot if you resell, but that custom's charge sucks.

I sell things oversees, and you have to make sure you mark it correctly for a given country to not incur customs charges. If it's an item that is very well known to have value (like cigerettes) then this will obviously get you into trouble if it's chosen as a sample at customs. But ebay second hand stuff not being sent on mass never gets picked on in my experience.

For the UK, you have to tick "Gift" on the customs sticker and state the item is of no higher value than £36. No one at customs would have had a clue what it was if they'd opened it as a random sample and would have let it pass.

Oh well, you have an awesome A600 now. Looks really good. I must admit, I'm jealous of your Amiga hardware collection - you have some excellent kit.

Page generated in 0.07885 seconds with 11 queries