View Single Post
Old 29 September 2015, 06:34   #54
AnimaInCorpore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Certainly not. The port looks awesome! Is it running on a 68060-Falcon? How much of the game was rewritten and adapted to use the Falcon's coprocessors? Or is it all rendered with the CPU?
Thanks. The [ Show youtube player ] linked above shows an alpha version running on a stock 16 MHz Atari Falcon with 14 MB RAM.

The original game source contains only a few modifications (21 conditional "ifd __ATARI__" parts) to invoke the appropriate sprite/graphics routines. In fact, the same game source can be assembled for the X68000 as well to check if it's still 100% identical to the original. The system related routine calls (DOS and IOCS) are being emulated by redirection since those are Traps and Line-F calls. So the Atari version could be called a 50% emulation.

Except for the DSP which supports the CPU for sprite drawing there's no special use of the other Atari Falcon custom chips. But even that shouldn't be a problem since the graphics interface is quite clean due to the aforementioned simple game source modifications. I.e. the Amiga specific routine calls could be put at the very same places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
Where are they?
They're not public but available on request. If someone is interested to have a look at them please send me a pm.

Quote:
That's an *unaccelerated* Falcon I believe. IE DSP, blitter + 16 mhz CPU.
Except for the Blitter you're right.

Page generated in 0.06564 seconds with 11 queries