View Single Post
Old 09 December 2018, 16:21   #110
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorfarius View Post
What's so interesting in your life that you think that they want? The entire internet is built to take your info and there's no getting away from it. So you left FB... so what? Now you get to miss out on huge Amiga communities and things going on, if you are that worried about them stealing info don't put anything personal on it beyond the basic acc sign up details.
Nothing. Maybe everything? People post pictures of their family. These photographs are then analysed by FB using facial recognition algorithms. They can then check others photographs for similar images/locations. I came off because I have no interest in FB anymore. I joined in 2007 when it first started and once I realised it was just a data mining tool I came off. If you later become an interesting figure to the establishment, information you post, no matter how irrelevant it may seem to you WILL be used against you. It is George Orwell's Big Brother society and it is happening everywhere you look. It isn't just FB, I am trying to reduce my footprint all over the Internet. If you want to keep giving out information about yourself and your family then fine, go ahead. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

And I am more than happy with this Amiga community here thank you very much. I don't need FB chewing more of my precious time!

Page generated in 0.04445 seconds with 11 queries