View Single Post
Old 08 October 2013, 01:00   #60
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Well, everybody knows that running OS3.9 you have very few chip ram left, and it goes down very very easily opening whatever. For what I've seen there is no way to run Birdie, Amidock and others with what OS3.9 has (Boingbaing 2 even). Edit: That's why I commented about Scalos, it manages the chip like no other without patches.

Also the instructions about CyberBugFix aren't clear at all, and much less about how to integrate CGX-AGA and what it needs. I believe it isn't necessary at all, and Mad-Matt can't run AmiWolf with it... But I haven't tried it as an executable as you say.

I've got on monitors the same CyberBugFix as on C. If you don't use it, you will have anyway the same CGX... monitors, but just running (I'll be using it on my next 05 update) WBStartup++ it doesn't run right without it there -have to try on CWB39 though-.

Edit: Also... on CWB39 you almost can't notice the difference running CGX, as you don't run Amidock or Birdie or others, but you've got the management of the chip ram changed, to use the fast instead of chip. I can clearly notice the difference on my AmiKit version.

Edit: Just tried disabling CGX, and CGX-AGA just as executable before FBlit and it keeps with the CGX...monitors, and AmiWolf doesn't run.
Edit: I must have done something wrong, as WBStartup++ runs faster than it should on CWB39 (not a good thing).

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 October 2013 at 02:56.

Page generated in 0.04579 seconds with 11 queries