View Single Post
Old 08 October 2013, 00:44   #59
Bloodwych

I'm confused about that package on Aminet too: http://aminet.net/search?query=cgx-aga

Only released on Aminet the back end of 2011, well after this thread discussion started, so I never had access to the monitor driver CGX-AGA from the copyright CybergraphX package or its readme files. Sounds like you need it Retrofan or you loose transparency? I never included it as I never had access to it and also thought it was for Systems with RTG cards.

It doesn't help that the CyberBugfix package makes itself look like a monitor driver by placing itself in Devs/Monitors in its package, when in fact it is just a C executable patch as far as I can see?

I've never really understood what the CGX-AGA is actually meant to accomplish for native AGA displays without RTG cards. CGX-AGA seems like a replacement monitor driver for native Amiga displays with some nice features to save CHIPRAM - but does it require an RTG card and full CybergaphX package to be installed? Notes with CyberBugfix says it is a CGX-AGA companion to fix problems with this monitor driver and not for RTG display modes?

The package on Aminet has an example Startup-Sequence listing the order to execute the programs:

C:CGX-AGA
C:Fblit
C:FText
C:Cyberbugfix
C:BlazeWPC
WBCtrl IMT:ICONFAST (OS35 only, OS39 has its own setting in Prefs)

This makes CGX-AGA look like a standard C executable as well to bring some RTG features to native AGA, therefore not a monitor driver to place in Devs/Monitors?

It's been years since I last looked at this and I'm probably being ignorant of the facts - so if anyone could clear it up I would be grateful.

All I know is I include CyberBugfix as an option in OS35/9 because it saves CHIPRAM, improves performance and fixes an odd bug with OS35 (browser icon trashing in AmiWeb, might be WinUAE specific but never been able to work it out). Also breaks SCUMMVM much to Novacoder's annoyance, so is a user selectable option during install.

Page generated in 0.04275 seconds with 11 queries