View Single Post
Old 13 July 2018, 10:26   #2329
hexaae

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Yes, of course, I could steal that from Elena or ask her, but I don't think that it would be a good idea to implement AutoUpdateWB into icon.library. This commodity is 4 kB big (ok, I could shrink it a bit) and it's also a patch for the system and needs another option for the user to enable it. It should be integrated into workbench.library or better dos.library, because it patches the latter.
… because I've found a small issue when used with Deficons 45.4 (14.09.01): sometimes the patched UpdateWorkbench() seems to indirectly lock def_icons and a command like:
Code:
C:Delete RAM:~(Disk.info|(T|ENV|Clipboards)(|.info)) QUIET ALL FORCE
may fail because of the patch.
Without AutoUpdateWB running and refreshing manually RAM: the command above will ALWAYS remove everything, with AutoUpdateWB running sometimes you see the subdirs are not deleted, because of Deficons + AutoUpdateWB conflict caused by forced update too early probably… mmmh

Do you know if Elena Novaretti is still active?

EDIT: to be exact Deficons seems to have nothing to do with this glitch and even if disabled, just AutoUpdateWB is required to sometimes see subdirs not deleted (only the icons do).

Last edited by hexaae; 13 July 2018 at 11:07.

Page generated in 0.04027 seconds with 11 queries