View Single Post
Old 08 May 2012, 11:04   #22
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
If I remember correctly the problem with the 2007 version is the physical fit? Which was why the 2008 version is a dual PCB board.

How bad is it?

I tried to open the .sch and .brd files from the 2007 version and they were created using P-Cad 2001 which i do not have and is also not for sale/supported now, there are also no (free) tools to convert it to Eagle so my only option would be to start from scratch using the picture of the schematic and retrace everything. I have found some compatible 44 pin ram that can be used too that is still stocked so compatible ram looks like it is available Although i little bit of rewiring is required. I suppose the plus side of this would be i could redesign the shape to allow it to co-exist with other addons. if i could find gerber files of the 2007 design i could get the board created

I have someone searching for the original ram chips also so it is possible i get a hit there. What appears to be the best is to try to work with the original design as it is a known working schematic so it obviously reduces the chances of errors creeping in when being reproduced (not to mention saves a whole bunch of time).

Page generated in 0.11771 seconds with 11 queries