View Single Post
Old 20 November 2018, 03:57   #56
ranix

Hey thanks for this info. I saw the 0x1fe00 thing in a youtube video about how to use WinUAE to set up a flash card with Classic Workbench without a floppy drive. I totally didn't do it, I was like "I have no idea what this is so I'm leaving the default and peacing out." Now it makes sense. I left it at something like 0xffffffff.

This appeared to work on my stock, freshly recapped Amiga 600 no problem. I then added a Furia, which also still appeared to be working no problem on this SD card with that default value. I could boot, launch programs, no problem. Then I was playing a demo and ran into a crash with an "exception line 1111 emulator" error. I tried using HDToolbox to change the maxtransfer value of my 3 partitions to 0x1fe00. On reboot, I get a red guru meditation!

Also, before I installed the Furia I was able to access SD and compact flash cards via the PCMCIA port, but afterwards I can't even if I use the ctrl+A+A for 3 seconds trick to disable the conflicting memory. When I mount cf0 it mounts no problem but says there's no disk in drive. I don't know what's up with that but I think it's kind of weird.

I'm not sure I chose the right filesystems and partition sizes for my primary cf card anyway so I don't really need help with anything, I'm sure I'll reinstall on this card a few more times anyhow. But I thought I'd share in case my adventure was interesting.

Page generated in 0.21037 seconds with 11 queries