View Single Post
Old 18 February 2018, 00:43   #792
SunSpire

Every time I check this thread some new progress has been made with the firmware, great work! A lot of people seem to adapt to the OLED display and rotary encoder modifications and new Gotek mounting frames have surfaced on Ebay (for instance 173118338141) that will let you mount the Gotek and OLED display in a neat-looking, non-destructive way. Really awesome, time to do these modifications myself, soon.

However, I really don't like the look of the rotary knobs being used most of the time, they stick way out of the case sideways and they get in the way for transportation reasons or dust covers. So I was wondering if something like the volume wheels found in oldschool Walkmans could be used instead? (see picture!) Of course it would have to rotate continuously without min / max positions. I've not yet found a matching product.

Such wheel would barely stick out of the case (it could be placed in the former floppy disk eject button spot) and I'd imagine it to look really nice. Worth a try? What do you think?

EDIT: Alternative idea: mouse encoder wheel??

Last edited by SunSpire; 18 February 2018 at 01:32.

Page generated in 0.06444 seconds with 11 queries