View Single Post
Old 21 May 2011, 03:13   #1
kipper2k

A603 Indivision Mod to keep the floppy drive in A600

Hi All,

I'd like to share some pics of my little simple mod that relocates the ECS Indivision in the A600 so you don't have to remove the floppy drive.

First pic shows the layout of the parts. Indivision on the left, adapter in the middle, and A603 on the right.

Pic2 shows the adapter mounted on the A603...

pic 3 shows the indivision mounted on the A603

and finally...

The case closes fine and there is clearance so there is no bending of the board. Those of you with a keen eye may have noticed that i swapped the orientation of the 9 pin video cable as it leaves the card so that it doesnt go upwards. THere is plenty of room now between the ACA630, Floppy and Indivision.

On the far right is my upcoming PS2/PSX adapter. I have the first beta working, (shown with wireless PSX controller hooked up). There are a couple of errors, (similar to Zetr0's ground plane error. The final boards will look similar but have a few more features. (for my beta testers, i will send the final beta out to you in about 2 weeks).

I have 8 of the ECS adapter boards that i can sell, (2 are reserved). I don't think there is too much interest in making more especially as Jens is going to make an updated A604 board that will allow people to keep the floppy drives in the A600. Let me know if you are interested

Page generated in 0.04483 seconds with 11 queries