View Single Post
Old 03 April 2022, 23:10   #18
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAllsopp View Post
when I the ptplayer audio initialised using '_mt_install_cia' and I start playing a mod file, the scrolling completely breaks, and the blitted objects all seem to go haywire.
But the music is playing flawlessly? Did you check the correct player routine is called on a level 6 interrupt?

Sounds like there is something timing-critical in your VERTB-handler which cannot tolerate losing the CPU for the few raster lines the player needs. Also note that the ptplayer interrupts will always be at different frame positions. It is not synchronised with the video in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAllsopp View Post
- If I install the vertical blank interrupt before I install the PTPlayer interrupt then the player doesn't initialise correctly and no sound is output at all.
This is also very strange. Do level-6 timer interrupts happen at all in this case? Is the player routine called? Who calls _mt_install_cia? Is is called from the level-3 interrupt or from the "main" program? And this also happens only with 060 systems?

Generally the player should work fine with level-3 interrupts and I'm testing with my A3000/060 all the time. All my games are coded in a way that most of the engine is running in a VERTB-interrupt.

Page generated in 0.04352 seconds with 11 queries