View Single Post
Old 15 November 2016, 18:12   #13
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Here is my story. I have two Zipsticks, the purple one is fine, and has old internals and a working autofire.

The yellow button model here came with a broke auto switch, and by that I mean, the rocker switch was hanging off and bent over when I bought it from ebay Penfold.

The joystick works with normal fire but no autofire. In the snapshot below, I discovered that the middle pin on the rocker switch was slightly bent, as you can see in this image:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4E...ew?usp=sharing

I put pressure on those three flat pins today and it seemed to help the issue, with the auto making three bursts, then a slight pause, then three more bursts in succession. With a little more force I got the auto working faster and more regular. I got angry messing with the switch, and broke off the rocker. Inside I discovered only one slider of metal, and one spring - where there should be a pair of these to make the contact. I swapped the one slider I have over to the other side of the switch head, and put it back together. Now the joystick is permanently on autofire, and I cant switch it off!

So it looks like it takes a pair of these to fix my joystick, and as I dont want to get a third stick to fix my current one, I guess I'll have to rip this thing apart soon and go back to the permanent fire only on it, and just have a broken autofire (I can emulate it in UAE).

Page generated in 0.04666 seconds with 11 queries