View Single Post
Old 16 July 2011, 18:15   #1
capehorn

How to play Sensible Soccer in the Super League?

There are many great games out there without scoring systems that seem to be passed over when voting for the Super League because it's hard to come up with a way to quantify who was done best.

One of the most obvious is Sensible Soccer. I would like to suggest that we use this thread to come up with a way to play this game in competition.

My suggestion is to play the preset League of Nations in Sensi 1.0, all of us playing as the same team (England, France, Switzerland or whatever, we could decided beforehead, maybe Switzerland if few people have strong feelings about them!). It's 3 minute games, 16 team league (15 games total) and we could of course sort it by Points, then goal difference, goals scored etc.

This seems like a decent idea to me as there are enough games for the quality of the competitors to show itself without it being an overlong competition. Also the fact it is a preset competition means a level playing field for all.

Of course other suggestions or comments are welcome. If we have a variety then we could have a voting thread to decide which we use.

Last edited by capehorn; 17 July 2011 at 00:50.

Page generated in 0.21024 seconds with 11 queries