View Single Post
Old 24 March 2020, 19:22   #3
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Thanks, first thing that comes to mind is the options and how/why/when to use them?
You mean command line options?
Most (all?) options are shown when IRA is started without arguments, together with a short description. Most important are -a, -preproc and -config, as shown in the example above.
-m680x0 has to be used when code for a different CPU than 68000 should be reassembled. -oldstyle nad -newstyle select the syntax.
-binary is used when reassembling raw binary files, instead of hunk-format executables. This is more difficult, because the reassembler is lacking relocation information. You will usually spend more time to differentiate real pointers from constants (using the PTRS and NOPTRS directives).
-entry defines the starting point of the code, which is usually only important for binary files (hunk-executables always start with first instruction in first section).
-keepzh keeps empty sections in the output. Only required if you want to make sure the reassembled program is identical.
-compat=[b][i]. Compatibility with bad code/assemblers. 'b' recognises bit-instructions accessing a bit number > 7 in a byte, and 'i' recognises immediate byte addressing modes, where the MSB is no zero
The rest is rather rare.

Quote:
Why not make the conf file by default
Without preprocessing (following the program flow) the config file would be worthless. Without -preproc you get not much more than a better disassembler - which might nevertheless be useful for some quick checks.

Quote:
I’m interested in the 2nd part too.
Ok. I might prepare that later.

Quote:
You wrote BASEREG 4 you meant A4?
Right! Will fix that.

Quote:
Is it possible to use 2 labels instead of hex values ? Likening your example CODE $00000A60 - $000001280?
Doesn't make much sense, unless you define your own labels with the SYMBOL directive. Label names may change with every new run.

Quote:
How to be sure to have the right value for the BASEOFF value?
Usually small data addressing will start at the beginning of a section. When A4 is loaded with an address pointing to the start of the section + 32766 then you know the BASEOFF is the same.

Page generated in 0.04465 seconds with 11 queries