View Single Post
Old 27 November 2019, 11:44   #20
sTe

I use Kryoflux for all of my sins

Its slow, and awful at error recovery. I can rip a disk in around 2mins15 seconds ... but the recovery is the bit that takes a while ... sometimes I have to give up, and leave that disk in my "bad" pile.

I also do this in between being a carer for my Gran. So between the two, I get a few done here and there, but kryoflux is the pain ... for anyone who uses it, they know ... it was designed to preserve good and bad data and not designed to correct / fix sectors. For example ... I might read a track, and have 4 bad sectors and 7 good sectors, with a retry ... I might on the next read get 8 bad sectors, 3 good sectors. Kryoflux will keep the last read it preformed .... 7 good sectors would have been better than keeping 3 good sectors.

I rip to RAW file, using RAW (-i0) / RAW with ADF (-0a -i5 or -i0 -i5) guidance .I keep a log file, and make sure cylinders 00-79 exist, and that they are all "Amiga DOS: OK". And then convert from RAW to ADF. All this is scripted, so working out the bad tracks, I can try and re-read to get a good track again. I also capture cylinders 00 -- 83... so incase we discover missing cylinders are need, I can convert to ADF again.

This week I have some visitors ... so wont start imaging the next bunch again until next week. I have a Weasel board ... and I am hoping this can help out in imaging the disks to ADF... hoping to test this out sometime over the weekend. Failing that ... back to the trusty / problematic kryoflux

Follow the post in the collections / skidrow ... that should let you know where the next files are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Great work guys! Leicester not too far either, depending on where you drove from, you may have gone past lol.

Is the collection being made into .ADF or some other format... only reason I'm asking is because DiskRipper could do them into .ADF but unless you're using KryoFlux for to dumps?

Page generated in 0.04424 seconds with 11 queries