View Single Post
Old 14 December 2019, 03:29   #9
aeberbach

And it's finished

The A600 is a tight fit! There is really no extra space where the keyboard goes at all. My first mount solution was great until I tried putting the top back on the case but it would not close. What I have now fits neatly into the top case clips that held the original keyboard.

The layout is the same as the original BUT it uses a 7U space bar instead of an 8U. I only know one place that sells 8U/9U. It feels like a smarter choice to use 7U - anyway you be the judge. I made a little unit that supplies both blanking 1/2U blocks either side of the space bar and handles the stabiliser, 3D printed.

Buttoned up and ready:

Spacebar 3D printed stabiliser assembly:

Spacebar unit in place:

I have 5 PCBs total. There will be another thread about buying one, it's not going to be expensive, I may ask for pre-orders and get more PCBs made and supply the 3D printed pieces, ribbon cables and connectors to make it all work - but I will not supply keycaps. You can see my laser-toner-engraved keys are OK but not perfect and it is just too time consuming to do more than once. When I've checked with mods about what I can post that thread will appear but I don't think it breaks any rules if you want to just put "interested" here or PM the same. NOT as holding a place or reserving or committing to anything, just encouraging me to get into gear.

Page generated in 0.25589 seconds with 11 queries