View Single Post
Old 09 December 2014, 22:27   #181
Stedy

@Higgy,

A SCART cable to my original design should work fine. The sync signal will be inside the absolute maximum levels.

@dooklink

The Amiga uses 240p/288p video or 710x240 or 710x288 pixels, there abouts 720 pixels per line might be better as it can output 700+ pixels with overscan.

The Amiga C-Sync is a 5V CMOS signal, which is time aligned to the RGB video. A typical composite video signal is delay from the RGB video by 5-20us, depending on the RGB to composite converter delay, using the Sony CXA1145 encoder in the Amiga.

Stick to standard VESA resolutions, 1280x1024 or less. We want 5:4 or 4:3 aspect ratio.

The line doubling sounds good, what setting did you tweak?

@amigappc

I have a GBS-8200, labelled as a V4 PCB, it works quite well, I can't comment on the GBS-8220 as I don't have one yet.

The RVA development board has already been used, I posted this on my blog, how else can I convert the Atari 7800 video signal to VGA

Quote:
Additional tests

I wanted to test something other than the Amiga, to see how well the GBS-82XX coped with another retro system. The Atari 7800 was nearby. My unit has been modified to output S-Video (Y/C). I then connected this to a RVA dev board, which converted the S-Video to YPbPr. The YPbPr video was fed into the GBS-8200 board. It sort of worked. I had trouble with the RVA board outputting black and white video from the Y/C source. I tried tweaking a few settings but this is a task for another time. Feeding in composite video, using a S-Video to composite lead from the Atari 7800 worked. Atari 7800 up-scaled to VGA:
Ian

Page generated in 0.08301 seconds with 11 queries